Netgear EX6110 Setup | AC1200
Netgear EX6110 AC1200 wireless range extender boosts your existing network range, delivering AC dual-band WiFi up to 1200Mbps (Megabits per Second). Addidtionally, its FastLane technology improves the internet performance using both WiFi bands. Moreover, the high-power amplifiers of Netgear EX6110's and internal antenna array increase the existing WiFi range for whole home coverage. It gets connected with any standard WiFi router and is ideal for HD video streaming and online gaming.
Here, you will come to know some easy methods for Netgear EX6110 AC1200 extender Setup. Keep scrolling down.
Netgear EX6110 Extender Manual
When you purchase a brand new Netgear AC1200 range extender, you receive a Netgear EX6110 manual with it. Netgear EX6110 AC1200 manual consists of a series of Netgear EX6110 configuration and installation steps from starting to ending. Just follow the Netgear WiFi extender setup instructions given on the manual and make it up and running. But hold on! The manual might be hard to understand for a newbie. So, if you want to setup your Netgear EX6110 AC1200 extender without any issue, call our technical department now at toll-free number 1-877-729-1680.
Netgear AC1200 Setup Using Netgear Installation Assistant
To complete your Netgear wireless range setup for model EX6110 AC1200 using Netgear installation assistant follow the steps below.
- Plug your Netgear AC1200 WiFi extender into a wall socket.
- Open an internet browser on your PC or laptop and enter mywifiext in the address bar. If the web address mywifiext.net is not working, then get immediate help from our professionals at toll-free number 1-877-729-1680.
- New Extender Setup page displays.
- Select the WiFi range extender button and click on Continue.
- Now, enter the network password or passphrase and click on Next.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled devices to your Netgear AC1200 EX6110 range extender and click on Continue.
- Complete the registration fields and at last, click on FINISH to complete the Netgear AC1200 EX6110 extender setup process.
- Now, unplug your Netgear wireless range extender and move it to a new location that is near to your existing WiFi router. If you are still unable to set up your Netgear AC1200 EX6110 range extender, get in touch with our profesionals at 1-877-729-1680.
Netgear EX6110 WiFi Extender WPS Setup
Set up Netgear extender– EX6110 AC1200 using WPS.
- Plug your Netgear EX6110 WiFi range extender into a working wall outlet that is near to your existing WiFi router.
- Locate the WPS button on your Netgear AC1200 extender.
- After that, push and hold the WPS button on your Netgear EX6110 extender.
- Release it.
- After a few minutes, push the WPS button on your existing WiFi router. The WPS LED on your Netgear EX6110 AC1200 extender will become solid green and the 2.4 GHz (Gigahertz) Link Rate LED will light up.
Note: If your main WiFi router supports the 5 GHz band, simply repeat steps 1 and 2 and connect your Netgear EX6110 AC1200 extender to the 5 GHz band.
- Move your Netgear WiFi extender to a new location and connect your WiFi-enabled devices to the Netgear extender's WiFi network.
That's how you can complete your Netgear EX6110 setup using WPS method.
Netgear EX6110 Extender Setup to Enable FastLane Technology
FastLane technology offers you the highest WiFi performance. Basically, it provides high-speed internet connection with a dedicated band connecting your Netgear EX6110 range extender to your existing WiFi router and a second band connecting your Netgear extender and a WiFi device.
Follow the steps below for enabling the FastLane technology after Netgear extender EX6110 setup:
- Load up a web browser on a desktop or laptop.
- Type mywifiext.net in its address bar.
- Enter default login credentials and click on the Log In button.
- Click on the FastLane Technology radio button.
- Now, you will get two options: 'Device-to-extender in 5 GHz only and extender-to-router in 2.4 GHz only' and 'Device-to-extender in 2.4 GHz only and extender-to-router in 5 GHz only'.
- Click on the Apply button to save the settings.
If you got stuck at any step while enabling the FastLane technology on your Netgear EX6110 AC1200 WiFi range extender, feel free to contact our experts anytime at toll-free number 1-877-729-1680.
Netgear AC1200 Firmware | EX6110
Update Firmware After AC1200 EX6110 Setup
Does your Netgear EX6110 AC1200 range extender start behaving weird? Is your Netgear AC1200 WiFi extender not providing the expected internet speed even after a successful Netgear EX6110 WiFi extender setup? If yes, then update Netgear AC1200 EX6110 firmware right away
Here's how to update Netgear AC1200 firmware:
- Plug your Netgear AC1200 WiFi extender into a working wall socket.
- Pull up up a relevant web browser on a computer or laptop and type mywifiext.net or default IP address of your Netgear EX6110 into the browser's address bar.
- Netgear EX6110 AC1200 login page displays.
- Select the Firmware Update option.
- If the new firmware version is available, follow the instructions given on-screen and update Netgear extender's firmware.
There you are! Your extender's firmware has been updated. In the case of any difficulty, don't hesitate to contact our experts at 1-877-729-1680.
Netgear AC1200 WiFi Range Extender Common Setup Issues
- Mywifiext.net not working.
- Errors while accessing mywifiext.local.
- Issues while accessing the Netgear extender's default IP address.
- AC1200 range extender not connecting to internet.
- Netgear EX6110 WiFi extender connected but no internet.
- Netgear WiFi extender not working.
- Cannot access Netgear Genie setup wizard.
- Incorrect username and password.
- Forgot Netgear extender's security key.
- Can't find the Netgear extender network name (SSID).
- Router can't connect to Netgear EX6110 AC1200 WiFi extender.
- Netgear Genie continues to appear even after Netgear EX6110 AC1200 WiFi range extender setup.
- LED lights are not stable.
- Unable to update Netgear EX6110 extender's firmware.
- Unable to reset the Netgear AC1200 WiFi extender.
- Lost the setup CD.
Fix all such issues within minimal time by calling our technical experts at toll-free 1-877-729-1680.
Netgear EX6110 WiFi Range Extender Troubleshooting steps
Go through a few below-mentioned troubleshooting steps to fix Netgear EX6110 WiFi range extender setup (AC1200) issues instantly:
- Plug your Netgear EX6110 WiFi range extender into an active and damage-free wall outlet.
- Also, ensure that your Netgear AC1200 extender is placed within the reach of your existing WiFi router.
- Connect your router and your Netgear extender through an Ethernet cable.
- Type mywifiext or 192.168.1.250 correctly into the browser's address bar.
- Use update version of web browser.
- Change the default login credentials after the Netgear extender setup process.
- Do not place your Netgear EX6110 AC1200 WiFi range extender near to interference-creating obstructions like thick walls, microwave ovens, cordless phones, Bluetooth speakers, metal appliances, security alarms, baby monitors, mixer grinders, etc.
- Update Netgear extender's firmware and your existing router's firmware timely.
Do not panic if the above-mentioned troubleshooting tips do not to fix your issue. Just give us a call on our toll-free number 1-877-729-1680 and our experts will handle all your queries.